Monday, April 4, 2011

"Some of my best images come from mistakes..." interview with MICHAEL PALACIOS.


1Q) Can you please tell us the story behind this portrait? How you took it and why you choose to shoot this person?
Last minute shoot for a local DJ. He wanted something simple, yet... eye popping. I was up for the challenge and shot in my backyard at night.

2Q) What photography gear you used here and why? What is usually in your photo bag?
I used a Canon Xti with a 50mm lens. I also used a alien bee strobe light to light up the background. What I usually carry around in my bag is, extra battery,extra memory,speedlight,diffuser, wireless trigger and reflector.

3Q) What do you love most about shooting portraits?
I love to shooting portraits because I love to see the expression they get when they see there shots and then the wow effect when I edit them.

4Q) Do you consider yourself mostly as a “portrait” photographer?
I would consider myself more of portrait photographer but I enjoy taking photos daily with my iphone of misc things in life.

5Q) Do you work with available light or do you use additional lightning often?
I work with 1 strobe and natural light and usually a 50mm to capture more light.

6Q) What/Who are your photography muses and influences?
I really don't see the names of the photographer but there work, I enjoy everybody's shooting style and learn from everyone.

7Q) Any tip for taking better portraits?
Don't be afraid to try new things, some of my best images come from mistakes.


Thank You, Michael!

2 comments:

  1. mike is a great firend and artist i've known him for a wile now and he all ways haved been positive about his work .. felizidades mi amigo soy yo cesar te deseo todo lo mejor para ti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. q lindo me gusto mucho ....I love your pictures .....IS ELIS ....BESOTEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    ReplyDelete