Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Portrait of Dominguinhos... interview with professional photographer DARYAN DORNELLES.

Daryan Dornelles (also known as Fotonauta) is an outstanding professional photographer from Rio de Janeiro. He shared with us amazing portrait of famous musician Dominguinhos.





































1Q) Can you please tell us the story behind this portrait? How you took it and why you choose to shoot this person?
This guy is one of the best Brazilian musicians. His name is Dominguinhos. I took this photo for my book about Brazilian musicians.


2Q) What photography gear you used here and why? What is usually in your photo bag?
My equipment is Hasselblad 500 cm with 80mm lens and Canon Mark III with 50mm and 100mm lenses.

3Q) What do you love most about shooting portraits?
I love the people and I love the interaction with them.

4Q) Do you consider yourself mostly as a “portrait” photographer?
Yes. All my professional work is based on portraits.

5Q) Do you work with available light or do you use additional lightning often?
Both. Depends on my imagination.

6Q) What/Who are your photography muses and influences?
I admire many photographers, for example: Richard Avedon, Irving Peen etc..

7Q) Any tip for taking better portraits?
I think everybody should study the people they are going to shoot, and their stories.


Thank You, Daryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment