Thursday, April 21, 2011

JOANNA GALUSZKA... interview with talented Polish photographer.

1Q) Can you please tell us the story behind this portrait? How you took it and why you choose to shoot this person?
Photograph shows Martyna. She is very sensitive and beautiful person of incredible beauty. In the background there are stacks of the local power. I took this photo two years ago, in the early summer day.


2Q) What photography gear you used here and why? What is usually in your photo bag?
I used my film camera - Nikon f65 with lens Helios. I don't have photo bag :-)

3Q) What do you love most about shooting portraits?
I like to look at the people and create stories. I love expression, hair, body parts, especially hands and neck. 

4Q) Do you consider yourself mostly as a “portrait” photographer?
I am photograher of people. "Portrait" can be widely understand. Recently i started shooting on the streets. I grow up with photography.

5Q) Do you work with available light or do you use additional lightning often?
At work I use the ambient light.

6Q) What/Who are your photography muses and influences?
Photographers of people, who i like are (recently): Annette Phersson and Snjezana Josipovic. Annette for her beautiful emotions on photos, and Snjezana for her fantastic portraits of men.

7Q) Any tip for taking better portraits?
First, we need to know a person, whom we'll shoot.


Thank You, Joanna!

2 comments:

  1. P.S I don't have photo bag, but i have and use - Nikon f65 (with 50mm), Pentacon six TL and Zenit TTL ! :)

    ReplyDelete