Friday, May 6, 2011

"Just do what feels right."... Interview with CHARLOTTE GAUCKLER.


1Q) Can you please tell us the story behind this portrait? How you took it and why you choose to shoot this person?
There's not really a story to tell. For most of my photos I just get inspired by something I see, in this case it was the shadows on my bedroom wall. And it has become really normal to me to take a self portrait whenever I feel inspired. It's just something I have to do and I can't explain why.

2Q) What photography gear you used here and why? What is usually in your photo bag?
For this photo and for most of my other photos I used my Nikon D50 with the 50mm 1.8. The lens is my favorite and I usually choose to shoot digital because it's handy. 

3Q) What do you love most about shooting portraits?
What I love most about photography is the art of storytelling and conveying moods. And since we're humans it's normal for us to associate those things with humans. That's why it's easiest to tell a story and to convey moods by taking photos of people.

4Q) Do you consider yourself mostly as a “portrait” photographer?
I don't consider myself anything. I just do what I have to do.

5Q) Do you work with available light or do you use additional lightning often?
Mostly available light. Because it's there and I'm used to it.

6Q) What/Who are your photography muses and influences?
That's a hard one. I guess it's the usual ones, like Tim Walker of course. Also Ryan McGinley is awesome and I get a lot of inspiration from fellow flickr photographers. But mostly I just get inspired by life itself.

7Q) Any tip for taking better portraits?
I don't know how you do it. Just do what feels right. It usually is.


Thank You, Charlotte!

No comments:

Post a Comment